Another Progress Report

Started by bigjackmac, 07 March 2015, 04:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

*I guess I'll put this here; there's a lot of non-Pendraken stuff, but also quite a bit of Pendraken stuff.

As I've mentioned previously, I've been working on knocking out troops and equipment, with a bit of painting, some putting an actual scale model together, and a whole lot of prying 10mm guys off pennies, gluing them to bigger bases, then flocking them.

I re-did a bunch of Warsaw Pact troops (pictured), as well as Argentinians, French Foreign Legion, and USMC (pics on the blog).

I also got more Pendraken Argentinians, FFL, and USMC ready for desert basing, then some more 'green flock troops,' Irregulars (such as paramilitaries/drug cartels) and US for Vietnam.

Then I did up a ride for my modern Marines, a CH-53.  This is not one of my usual little metal minis, this was an old-fashioned plastic scale model that I had to put together (using Gorilla Glue as I didn't think to buy any model cement, and I certainly didn't have any on hand).  I'm very happy with how it turned out.

I also finished up a platoon of LAVs.

Then I worked on some modern-ish 1/600 aicraft.  Here is a flight of Israeli F-16s; I also have flights of USMC/USN F-18s, Syrian MiG-23s, and Iraqi MiG-29s.

To see about 30 more pics, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2015/03/another-progress-report.html

I've still got a ton of stuff to get done, but I am making progress.

V/R,
Jack

getagrip

Those F16s are brilliant Jack.

Cracking job  :-bd
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

Terrific stuff, Jack !
Cheers - Phil.

ronan

You painted a large number of minis !  :o
Good job !  8)   =D>

you wrote : "I'm sure I'm forgetting something..."  ;)

bigjackmac

Thanks guys.

I'm really happy with how the CH-53 and the 1/600 aircraft turned out, and those were new, but the rest of the stuff was pretty much already painted, I was just re-basing them.

"you wrote : "I'm sure I'm forgetting something...""
Surely I can't be the only one with too many toys, so many that I forget about some of them ;)

V/R,
Jack