BKC in 6mm

Started by getagrip, 28 February 2015, 02:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getagrip

Quote from: toxicpixie on 28 February 2015, 09:47:38 PM
You should get two for that , both sides with the trimmings :D

Early war or "rubbish heavy" armies might be more awkward but even so infantry are cheap ;)

To kick off I want to do Eastern front 42 onwards.

What's rubbish heavy?
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Maenoferren

I went for 43 with my 6mm stuff...all Heroics and Ross both tanks and infantry... I havent touched them in about 15 years   :(

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

toxicpixie

"Rubbish Heavy" - full of very cheap troops.

Say, early Russians with lots of dire tanks, poor HQs, conscript infantry. The sort of thing that means you end up buying a dozen tanks models to your enemies three, yet still feel under gunned and out numbered :D

Makes life expensive in actual cash, cheap on points ;)

Whereas the opposite extreme would be the veteran tank riders with all the trimmings riding ISU-152's and IS tanks, with beefed up HQs and some serious Sturmovik support. Gets expensive in points, but is cheap in models!

Mid war I find interesting - everyone's still trying to work out what they're doing, and the kit is between awful to good but nothing's very consistent yet :)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

getagrip

Thanks  :)

Yeah, I agree with you on mid-war.  It's also missing the uber units which can unbalance a game.
Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.