3 days of Waterloo battles

Started by Norm, 15 June 2015, 05:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

Final day - the big Anniversary.

thanks to all who commented and followed.

Cheers Norm

LINK - http://battlefieldswarriors.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/200th-waterloo-anniversary-refight.html

Westmarcher

Yes. Here at last but also kind of strange .... so quiet (so far) on the news front (but there is a report on teletext about storms yielding Armada treasure!), no telly progs tonight in the UK (as far as I can see) .... dare I say, almost anti-climatic?  What's (not) going on?

... think I might dig out my old Commodore Amiga and play Dr. Peter Turcan's Waterloo ....

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Westmarcher

Found something Napoleonic on the telly tonight .. no ..... wait .. it's "Napoleon: The Russian Campaign!"

.... wait ... wait ... there's something else ... could it be about Waterloo?

........ no ....... "Trafalgar's Unsung Heroes!" ...... what the .......  ~X(

... now ... where did I store that PC game ......
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

toxicpixie

We're all good United Europeans now, let's put that unpleasant time behind us and instead celebrate our diverse and modern continent and peoples. By attacking Russia and the Middle East! Huzzah!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

FierceKitty

http://militaryhistorynow.com/2014/07/30/rumours-of-war-the-myths-and-legends-of-ww1/

There's a fun idea in the deserter community for WWI afficionadi. Have a bit of fantasy in the mix.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Westmarcher

That might do the trick, FK! (Interesting article on WW1, btw). I see this site is hosting a digital simulation of various events during the battle throughout the day using Slitherine's Scourge of War: Waterloo.  Here's a schedule of events for June 18. All are listed in Central European Time (CET).

11:30 – Initial Attack on Hougoumont (30min)
12:00 – Attack on Pappelotte (30min)
12:30 – 2nd Attack on Hougoumont (60min)
13:30 – Count d'Erlon's Attack on the Allied left (60min)
15:00 – Attack on La Haye Sainte (30min)
16:00 – Battle of Mt. St. Jean (30min)
17:00 – Defense Against Arriving Prussians (60min)
18:00 – Prussian Attack on Placenoit (60min)
19:45 – Defence against Napoleon's Imperial Guard (45min)

From what I've seen so far, it also appears to include a miniatures game running in parallel. If anyone is interested, use FK's link above to get to the MHN site and find out more or try this one below:

http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup

Westmarcher

Ooops! Just noticed Cameronian's topic (see General Discussion section - Live Streaming of Waterloo game).

Sorry, Cam. Didn't mean to steal your thunder!  :-[

Steve J

Excellent series of posts that I enjoyed immensely :).

paulr

Great posts and an intertesting game :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

phenallred

Great stuff really enjoyed following this   many thanks