First 10mm painted

Started by Ken, 07 February 2015, 06:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

07 February 2015, 06:53:42 AM Last Edit: 07 February 2015, 06:55:55 AM by Ken
Just finished these guys. They're some SYW Prussian Grenadiers. I hope I didn't screw up the colors to badly. They still need to be properly based and varnished before they're truely done.

FierceKitty

Good choice of starting era.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

jambo1

Lovely stuff sir! My Prussian SYW army pack is winging it's way to me and I will be painting up these beauties too!! :-bd

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Techno

Damn fine work, Ken.
Cheers - Phil

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

Bunny

Very nice! SYW is on my list of periods to do!

Steve J

Well I'd be happy with those. Nice work.

getagrip

Buy plenty of Matron's sculpts now!

If he keeps using the chainsaw, the value of his work will soon go up.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

SV52

"The time has come, the walrus said..."

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Luddite

Excellent crisp work sir.  The cornflower blue is perfect.  The only tweak i'd offer is to make the red a bit brighter - on the tabletop that will be the main colour viewed from the front.  Other than that, perfect.   :-bd
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

clibinarium

Nice work, especially for a first go.

(though they aren't SYW grenadiers, they're from the Spanish Sucession era  ;) )

strangefellow

:) very nice. Second the idea of brightening up the blue on the front. Maybe its the light but it looks way darker than the back.