6mm BBB armies

Started by Leman, 05 January 2015, 08:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leman

Got the bit between my teeth and completed all the French troops for the Froeschwiller scenario:

1. A view of the entire army

2. MacMahon ponders a problem while aides wait to carry his orders (Irregular)

3. One of the guns and limber (Heroics and Ros)

4. Showing the  use of Irregular WWI zouaves as a Turco skirmish base

5. Close up of Irregular line infantry

6. The Cuirassiers reserve (Irregular)

7. Along the line - a mix of H&R and Irregular

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very nice DP. (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
Make my 10mm look like I've painted them with a 2" brush!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Fenton

Very nice...Are they all Irregular?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

mollinary

Like the look of those figures, DP.  Look forward to seeing all those Prussians, Bavarians, Wurttembergers, etc!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Leman

Wurttemburgers are next; in my opinion Irregular's Wurttemburg infantry are some of his best figures with a variety of different bases. The current French army is approximately 50:50 Irregular and H&R, although more Irregular figures are to be added. The Prussians are also a mix and are very near completion. Wurttemburgers are all Irregular and the Bavarians will be a mixture of Irregular and Baccus. Almost all the figures shown so far were painted about 20 years ago.

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd =D> :-bd

Very nice basing as well as well painted figures :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Chris Pringle

Formidable!

Or as the French say:

Formidable!

Chris

Bloody Big BATTLES!
Https://uk.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/BBB_wargames

kev1964

Excellent painting and basing,

kev
2013 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Look good. Are BBB suitable for ACW battles ?

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

Cor, really cracking stuff DP!

I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Chris Pringle

Hi Ian,

Disclaimer first: I'm BBB's author.

Yes, BBB works great for ACW. You can fight all 3 days of Gettysburg in an evening (under 3 and a half hours with players who know the rules). You will find my Gettysburg scenario, and one for Shiloh, in the Yahoo group files and also on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127771552@N03/

However, although other 'official' ACW scenarios will no doubt be forthcoming in due course, they will take a while. So apart from those two you will have to write your own scenarios, for probably the next year or two. But there is plenty of info out there, and plenty of other folks' scenarios to adapt, so maybe that's not too big an obstacle?

Chris

Subedai

What a great looking bunch of little chaps on tasty looking bases. I really like the Irregular 6mm ranges and this post has reminded me that in my 6mm mountain there is one of the FPW Battlepacks bought about 15 years ago. Must add it to the list of things to paint.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Leman

Cheers Subedai. Toxicpixie, there are a huge number of ACW scenarios available through Altar of Freedom. In those rules a single 60x30 base represents a brigade, so I imagine they would work for BBB if a couple of brigades were combined to form a BBB unit. Most of the AOF scenarios are for 6'x4' tables or smaller. A good way to adapt would be to compare the BBB Shiloh scenario with AOF"s.