Random thoughts, musing and aggravations

Started by Shecky, 17 December 2014, 03:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shecky

Whilst painting SYW figures tonight I began pondering...
1. Why do I paint flag poles if I'm just going to put a flag on it?
2. I hate painting Prussian flags because I can't paint a straight line and I can't paint circles. Other than that I have no problems with them.
3. Don't mix up the Prussian and Austrian Cuirassier figures. Don't mix up the Prussian and Austrian Cuirassier figures. Don't mix up the Prussian and Austrian Cuirassier figures. Dang it, I painted the Austrians as Prussians and the Prussians as Austrians.
4. when you drop the top to a paint bottle you have to find it soon or the dog will eat it.
5. I have yet to find a yellow paint I like.
6. There is too much yellow in the SYW Prussian army
7. Once I get the Prussians and Austrians painted then I need to get French, British/Hannoverian and Russians to complete my project.
8. I'll never complete my project
9. I've never completed any project
10. I still have ACW to paint before I "officially" start my SYW project.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Hmmm, I can empathise with you on all of your points :D.

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Austrian and Prussian cuirassiers? Hats mate, hats! Standard bearers for Prussia - generic standard bearer with bare pole. Empathise fully with the Russians in your project. I will never even start British, French and other Germans, but the Turks will get a look in at some stage.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Nirnman

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Quote from: Shecky on 17 December 2014, 03:27:10 AM
4. when you drop the top to a paint bottle you have to find it soon or the dog will eat it.
Once, when planning a flank attack, I did not factor in the possibility of casualties inflicted by my opponent's dog whose jaws suddenly appeared from under the table and snatched away half a battalion!  :o
.... Stupid me. So obvious, in retrospect .....  :)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

petercooman

Quote from: Shecky on 17 December 2014, 03:27:10 AM

10. I still have ACW to paint before I "officially" start my SYW project.

I have finished 3 or 4 projects after buying my acw troops. I must get on with it too  :-\

Nosher

I always leave a little part of each project unfinished as it's well known that once a project is complete the wife will find you something to do to fill the void....
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson