Rebasing

Started by Malbork, 26 November 2014, 10:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malbork

I have acquired some second hand troops to bulk out a 15mm :( project.

They are of course already based, some well and some not quite so well, but most of them have to be rebased to fit with the rules and the basing scheme I've used for the rest of the armies.

I was just wondering if anyone had any bright ideas about how to de-base them as it were.  Some look a little fragile in the leg/ankle department and I wouldn't like them to become early casualties.

As for the ones that are already on the correct size bases, any quick fixes for getting rid of old flock?

All suggestions welcome :)

Bodvoc

A small pair of clippers may help you cut away the old bases. As for removing flock, this has probably been glued on with PVA? so a soak in shallow warm water, just deep enough to cover the base then brush away with a stiff brush? may work, let us know how you get on and what actually worked.
Good luck!
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Shecky

To add to Bodvoc's advice, I wouldn't worry about clipping them off the bases. Simply soak the based figures in a shallow dish of water. After about an hour they should simply slide off and you can take a paper towel or soft brush and remove the flocking as well.

This is the method I use to rebase. Sometimes it does take longer than an hour to unset the glue.

Malbork

Thanks guys, I'll get to it at the weekend and we'll see how it goes.