Decrepitude postponed

Started by fsn, 30 October 2014, 04:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

Good for you, Matey !
It makes a heck of a difference to be able to see what you're doing with close up work again, does it not ?
Look forward to seeing some pics.  :)
Said it umpteen times before...I wouldn't be able to push putty at this scale without my optivisor....In fact, I reckon I'd struggle doing 30mm size figures without it.

Cheers - Phil

Subedai

Great news. Pics! Pics! and more Pics! It's definitely a case of if it works then go with it. Just remember to take it off when you answer the front door...especially tonight!
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Hertsblue

I've used a free-standing magnifying glass for many years now. It bears, due to the number of times I've misjudged the position of my brush, tiger-stripes of paint down the supporting column, but aside from that the system works well. I also have an Optivisor (one of the real ones) which I have largely given up as I find it very difficult to paint and watch TV at the same time whilst wearing it. As others have said, either system needs getting used to, so stick with it, guys, it's the way forward.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Ithoriel

Quote from: Hertsblue on 31 October 2014, 09:34:43 AM
I find it very difficult to paint and watch TV at the same time whilst wearing it.

Paint and listen to radio. Both the paint job and the pictures are greatly improved :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fsn

I'm a podcast fan. Listened to the "In Our Time" about the Battle of Tallas whilst wielding a brush last night.

Learning all the time - FSNobby
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Hertsblue

Quote from: Ithoriel on 31 October 2014, 10:40:14 AM
Paint and listen to radio. Both the paint job and the pictures are greatly improved :)

Ah, "watching" involves listening to the sound track and only looking up if a) everything goes quiet, or b) something interesting happens.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Heedless Horseman

Have bought some Rolsons after seeing this thread and they DO seem to do the biz...quite amazing, really. However, the plastic does seem rather fragile so wonder how long they will last.   :-\
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Ithoriel

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 16 November 2014, 09:42:57 PM
Have bought some Rolsons after seeing this thread and they DO seem to do the biz...quite amazing, really. However, the plastic does seem rather fragile so wonder how long they will last.   :-\

Only had mine 18 months but no problems so far .... famous last words :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data