NKE; mainly Newlines, and a few Mag. Mil.

Started by FierceKitty, 11 October 2014, 03:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

11 October 2014, 03:01:30 PM Last Edit: 11 October 2014, 03:12:36 PM by FierceKitty
Some chariots and archers.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

FierceKitty

Heavy infantry.

FierceKitty

11 October 2014, 03:03:55 PM #2 Last Edit: 11 October 2014, 03:06:00 PM by FierceKitty
Nubian skirmishers, of course, and Philistine mercenaries shouting their dreaded warcries "The audience should be allowed to sing along", "Love stories need happy endings", and "I like Lamb's Tales from Shakespeare!"

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

FierceKitty

11 October 2014, 03:07:25 PM #4 Last Edit: 11 October 2014, 03:09:43 PM by FierceKitty
Libyans and more chariots. I'm a mediocre painter, but the figures are nifty. Note the one Pendraken figure in the army; a converted Japanese monk (I think he's one of ours?).

FierceKitty

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Subedai

I think you are doing yourself a disservice. Looking at the pics, all the colours are in the right places; where colours meet the joins are crisp and neat and the colours are nice and bright which is just what you need for 10mm. And anyway, they are your little chaps so if you are happy with them then two fingers to the rest.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

petercooman

To me they look great! And i dare to guess they will look even better in an army shot?  ;)

Womble67

Yeah I agree to they look really good

Take care

Andy
The Wargames Directory

The Wargames Directory Facebook

2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

May Ra smile on all of you for your kind remarks. :)

FierceKitty

Flesh, by the way: Philistines are a mix of Sakura pale orange (= Caucasian flesh) and white, Nubians plain burnt umber, and the rest pale orange and yellow ochre, slightly reddened with burnt Sienna. I'm guided by the tomb figures that everyone has seen and by Egyptian writings, and do not intend to chase the "Were the ancient Egyptians black?" red herring further than I could swallow a football.

Matt J

2012 Painting Competition - Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - 3 x Winner!
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - 2 x Winner!
Beep

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!

tarkus29

Great work FK!
Thanks for posting the pics too. At least I have some idea what some of the Newline Egyptian range looks like. Don't know what it is with 10mm figure companies reluctance to put photos of their products on the listings (Leon?!...cough?!cough?!) you'd think they were ashamed of the figures!!!
  Are the Philistine figures Newline too?
Carry on and keep knocking out the inspiration!