NPA19 Austrian Napoleonic Battalion Guns

Started by Nosher, 10 September 2014, 01:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

NPA19 Austrian Napoleonic Battalion Guns

what are the six 3mm long bits in the bag? They look like clay pipes but much bigger in 10mm scale!
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 10 September 2014, 01:13:26 PM
what are the six 3mm long bits in the bag? They look like clay pipes but much bigger in 10mm scale!

They're fixing points for moving, there's a few pics of similar models in other scales:

And an illustration of them attached to the horse:

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Nosher

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Hertsblue

You are aware that the Austrian artillery was totally reorganised into batteries in 1806-8 and the 3 pounder dropped?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

kustenjaeger

Greetings

The Hauptarmee had 3pdr brigade batteries in 1809, though mainly as Grenzer batteries.  Per Gill by late March there were: one in II Corps (as part of reserve), 2 in III Corps, 1 in IV Corps, 1 in V Corps, 1 in VI Corps. 

Regards

Edward

WeeWars

VI Korps at Aspern-Essling:

www.michaelscott.name/1809/1809blogpost21-06.htm

Quote from: Hertsblue on 11 September 2014, 09:31:59 AM
You are aware that the Austrian artillery was totally reorganised into batteries in 1806-8 and the 3 pounder dropped?

Piecemeal regimental artillery was gradually phased out by Archduke Charles. The 3-pdrs were concentrated into brigade eight-gun batteries. Korps in 1809 had brigade, cavalry, and (divisional) support or position batteries. Each brigade had its own foot battery of 3 or 6-pdrs while cavalry brigades normally had 6-pdrs.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Rob

This OOB shows exactly how many batteries, what types and number of guns were available:

http://greatest-battles.webs.com/GB/Wagram/ArmiesOnTheDanube-AustrianOOBatWagram.txt

Cheers, Rob  :)

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!