Newline Design 10mm Ancient Assyrians

Started by tarkus29, 08 September 2014, 01:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I've got a pack to use as Philistine mercenaries. Sadly they're not in the horned Sherden helmet, which I fancied.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Norm

14 September 2014, 07:26:14 AM #16 Last Edit: 14 September 2014, 07:29:01 AM by Norm
Thanks, this news comes just in time for me. At my last show I bought a bag of New Kingdom Egyptian chariots and spear from Magister Militum, just to see how they paint up etc. it will be sometime before I get around to painting them, so this gives me another option for my biblical introduction.

From the photographs and the detail, I am guessing that the latest Newline 10mm will be a bit larger than the older MM sculpts.

FierceKitty

I've got a few MM in the mix; they look as if they'll pass muster, though I prefer the Newlines stuff.

Fenton

Quote from: FierceKitty on 13 September 2014, 02:43:43 PM
I've got a pack to use as Philistine mercenaries. Sadly they're not in the horned Sherden helmet, which I fancied.

Newline do some nice Sherden helmeted troops in 20mm. Seems a shame there not available in 10mm. Have you tried contacting Sean about it to ask if they might be released?
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

FierceKitty

Fenton

Asked Sean about the Sherden Helmets and he sent this response

Hi Steve,

Yes they would be a good addition to the range. Leave it with me.

Kind regards,
Sean

Newline Designs
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

FierceKitty

Steeleye

I've recently bought some Newline Indian archers and elephants.

The archers fit in well with Pendraken figures and are nicely sculpted. Unfortunately they're a little small for the rest of my Indian army which was built up using MM figures (sorry I don't like the Pendraken Indians).

The elephants seem a little 'big' or perhaps other elephants are too small. Whatever, I can live with that. My main problem is that the elephant and its three crew are cast as one piece. This meant that all the ends of the javelin throwing figure broke off and some of the bows had to be strengthened. It also made the piece hard to paint, and it was difficult to get a file or knife in to remove any flash. Surprisingly after I'd painted them, inked them and varnished them they turned out pretty well, much better than I thought they would.

I'm not sure if I'll buy any more Newline Figures, but this is mainly to do with them not making anything I want at the moment.I'll wait and see.

FierceKitty

I'm puzzled at the lack of cavalry in their Indian range.

WeeWars

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 September 2014, 12:14:13 PM
I'm puzzled at the lack of cavalry in their Indian range.

Perhaps because they might need to sculpt a new Indian horse with a plump belly.
← click my website button to go to Michael's 10mm 1809 BLOG and WW1 Blog

www.supremelittleness.co.uk

2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Anyway, I'm not worried about it. There are other 10mm Indian ranges, and the Pendraken ones are more than satisfactory.

FierceKitty

Yippee! My Assyrians (those available thus far) have just arrived. I can start folding wolves once my Egyptians are complete.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Folding wolves?
Not sure what that refers to??  :-\
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

Sounds silly, but no sillier than cohorts in an Assyrian army, what? After all, Byron didn't take prisoners when mocking poor old Wordsworth.

FierceKitty