Hussite Wars 1419-34

Started by ciaphas, 17 December 2014, 05:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciaphas

hi, i have armies for this period/war.  but have struggled to find an adequate rule set, any suggestions greatly appreciated, can you please explain why you would recommend the rule set as  a list of sets might not be all that helpful.

thanks

jon

Steve J

First thought is Warmaster Ancients and Warmaster Medieval. They have specific rules (IIRC) for the wagons of the Hussites etc. plus of course quite a few army lists for the period. Add in rules for campaigns, sieges etc and you potentially have everything you need.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Good suggestions those. You could also look at Hail  Ceaser or Pike and Shote,  as those wars fall between two stools, bit earl for "Renaissance" and a bit late for Medieval.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

ciaphas

Had been looking at hail Ceasar or FoG but the period seems to fall in the gap between medieval and renaissance

so unsure what to do

jon

Leman

First tell us what you have considered and rejected then we can make viable suggestions.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

toxicpixie

I'd go with Impetus. Works well for the general period, and I'm told war wagons work nicely in the rules. Not tried them myself, but they seem to be considered potentially over AND under powered whilst others think them about right. So probably a good balance :D

Have you played Impetus at all?
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

I have and it is my go to set of rules for Ancient, Medieval and early Renaissance. One of the best generic sets out there and no fiddly little bases.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

jchaos79

My advise is going for warmaster. It works pretty good for that period.