Size Matters - Well Scale Does

Started by Orcs, 25 August 2014, 02:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orcs

25 August 2014, 02:43:17 PM Last Edit: 25 August 2014, 02:50:47 PM by Just a few Orcs
I took some advice and have ordered a 1/87 scalre polish armoured train from Poland.  It was easy to do and they have dispatched it along with other 1/144 models I ordered. I will update you on the full process in another post

So I was looking to see  about downscaling the train using a copier. Grumpy oldman had given me an approximate, but I stumbled across this article.  This gives a really good chart for changing your scale either up or down

http://www.finescale.com/~/media/import/files/pdf/9/c/0/tips_for_scales.pdf
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Ace of Spades

Now that's what I call usefull!

Thanks,
Rob
2014 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

That's going to be remarkably useful as I downloaded a free model of the Czech Legion armoured train, Orlik.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

When you say you're going to downscale a model, Orcs, do you mean you're going to try to put the model into the photocopier, or is it just the plans you're working on?
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Orcs

Quote from: Hertsblue on 25 August 2014, 03:27:43 PM
When you say you're going to downscale a model, Orcs, do you mean you're going to try to put the model into the photocopier, or is it just the plans you're working on?

I am goping to copy a card 1/87 armoured train and reduce it in size to a 10mm one
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Hertsblue

When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net