Froeshwiller Project

Started by Leman, 07 June 2014, 11:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 24 June 2014, 09:41:44 AM
I wonder who did them then. I thought they were very much in your style Phil.

These were all done by Tony, same chap who did the SYW, Naps, Medievals, ACW, ECW, etc.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leman

I completed the first division of V Korps then realised I needed some Jagers to flesh out the first two regiments, as it is not really viable in AoF to use them as a single battalion. Rather I give them to one or two regiments and then give those regiments a +1 for having attached Jagers. The front two regiments will receive them as soon as I have painted them up, along with some mounted officers, command stands and standard bearers for the grenadiers (7th regiment). You can just make out that lot lurking at the back. Having glossed everything, I then applied the Galeria matt varnish, but not to the helmets.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Very nice sir, like the positioning on the bases, looks like a drawn out attack column. 8)
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

I'll be adding some jagers to the front of the two nearmost bases as the forward, relatively thick, skirmish line.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

So, how many figures spread across these bases (looks like four bases, c25 to a base)?
I ended up with 27 per base, giving three nines of lines or columns or a great mass uf mid deployment! ;)
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

cameronian

Quote from: Dour Puritan on 29 June 2014, 02:51:37 PM
I'll be adding some jagers to the front of the two nearmost bases as the forward, relatively thick, skirmish line.

Very nice, puts mine to shame  :'(
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Leman

Quote from: mad lemmey on 29 June 2014, 04:00:07 PM
So, how many figures spread across these bases (looks like four bases, c25 to a base)?
I ended up with 27 per base, giving three nines of lines or columns or a great mass uf mid deployment! ;)
It's working out to between 24 and 30 depending on the effect I'm trying to create. I try to get a goodly number on as it is supposed to represent between 1800 and 3000 soldiers. The + and - variables reflect a variety of things such as training, confidence, numbers, previous casualties etc. The baseline is 0 for an average French regiment. If bolstered by some chasseurs it gets +1. If it's been in previous action, carrying casualties or is becoming demoralised it gets -1. Other modifiers are added and subtracted on the firing and close action tables. Cavalry are particularly poor. A cuirassier brigade (either side) starts the game on -2 before anything else is taken into account. Once I can get a game underway I shall have to produce an AAR to demonstrate how the system works.

Techno

30 June 2014, 07:37:40 AM #37 Last Edit: 30 June 2014, 07:52:11 AM by Techno
Great stuff, Andy ! 8)
(Strange.....Could have sworn I'd put that already.......Gibber !)
Cheers - Phil.

Leman

While the Prussians and French were on the stocks, drying etc, I also rebased my Austrians in preparation for the Skalitz project, really just to see if I could give the impression of attacking columns of the 1866 doctrine. I'm quite pleased with the results, so the rest of the troops will be produced once Froeschwiller is sorted. The Austrians had no divisions as such but instead divided their corps directly into brigades. In Altar of Freedom this will cause significant command problems for the Austrians as only army and corps commander can issue command points.

The previous photo shows the project so far, ie. two brigades plus a further regiment from the third brigade. As previously I have distributed the jagers amongst the regiments, but in third brigade only one regiment will get the benefit of the jagers. The regiment shown has instead a skirmish line from its own infantry. Some closeups:

Leman

mollinary

Lovely stuff DP!  =D> =D> =D>

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leman

Thanks folks. Hope to complete the first Prussian division and post photos over the next couple of days, then I'm off on the canals for 21/2 weeks. On return it's con tinue with the French third division.

Techno

Great job !
Cheers - Phil.