Tiger from Osprey

Started by Norm, 26 May 2014, 07:38:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

A very enjoyable book on the Tiger tank. Currently on offer at Amazon for the Kindle at just £1.09

In my local bookshop, it is on the shelves for £25, so that is one fantastic price.

FierceKitty

It's covered in lots of metal and has a big tube that goes "Bang!" with a German accent. That'll be one and ninepence, please.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Norm

I think that might be the penny version :)

fsn

26 May 2014, 07:51:40 AM #3 Last Edit: 26 May 2014, 07:53:27 AM by fsn
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

FierceKitty

Well, I'll take what I can get.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Hertsblue

The problem with books on Kindle (and Kobo and all the others) is that you don't get the full benefit of colour plates and cut away drawings. Maps, in particular, are a nightmare on anything but a high-end tablet. I wouldn't be without my Kobo, but for non-fiction I'll stick to paper - unless the volume is all text.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

Nirnman

(The problem with books on Kindle (and Kobo and all the others) is that you don't get the full benefit of colour plates and cut away drawings. Maps, in particular, are a nightmare on anything but a high-end tablet. I wouldn't be without my Kobo, but for non-fiction I'll stick to paper - unless the volume is all text.)

Maybe you should try using the app to read it on yur PC/Laptop whatever as it retains the colour and can be zoomed (to a point)

Norm

I am really strapped for space, so the 58 military books on my Kindle are a blessing -in the full knowledge that there will be plenty more books that I want. Having surrendered myself to this, I find the e-reading fine in practice.

Hertsblue

Yes, I have to admit that my last birthday present from my wife was another bookcase.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net