First 10mm Building finished.

Started by Subedai, 24 March 2014, 04:05:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Subedai

24 March 2014, 04:05:44 PM Last Edit: 24 March 2014, 04:08:15 PM by Subedai
I make about 90% of my own terrain but have never made a 10mm building until now. It's the start of a few eastern European buildings I intend to make that will cover from medieval right up to WW II and beyond.

The church in Legnickie Pole was actually built at the end of the thirteenth century and is now the museum for the Battle of Liegnitz in 1241 - a fitting first I thought.

For more information and a 'How I did it' check out my blog.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Techno

mollinary

Looks great!   Do you have a picture of the original church?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Steve J

Very nice work 8). What did you make the walls from, as the texture is rather interesting?

Subedai

Ta for the comments fellas.

Mollinary and SteveJ. I guess you didn't see under the pic I wrote there is a 'How I did it' on the blog. (Smug chuckle).  ;) ;)

Mollinary, there is a picture on my blog entry and a link to the museum site. If you type in Legnickie Pole into Google Images there are a few views of the church.

SteveJ, the walls are made from pieces of Wilko's wallpaper glued to cereal packet card. Again there are more pics and info on my blog -the most recent entry.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Steve J

Ooops, missed that completely Subedai :-[. Off over to your Blog now to check it out...

FierceKitty

An ornament to a battlefield. Well done.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Hertsblue

There's nothing like a scratch-built building to give a battlefield that certain something. Nice job, Subedai.
When you realise we're all mad, life makes a lot more sense.

www.rulesdepot.net

toxicpixie

Hmm, I reckon that paper would make good Celtic roundhouse walling, with a pit of a "paint conversion"... really good idea, and nice job - looks cracking!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

The centre of a roll of sellotape makes a good basis for a round house
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

toxicpixie

Ooo, good idea... I might steal that thought!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting