Shield Maiden ?

Started by Stormcrow, 11 April 2011, 08:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stormcrow

Hey Guys, In any of the Ranges, is there a Shield Maiden I could use to represent a Female Paladin for the Dungeons ?

Thanx Man, Hope your all well   ;)

Morrigan
" True Freedom, Lies within the Heart

O Dinas Powys

Hi Morrigan,

I've had a damn good route through all the ranges and unless you can convert the Amazons or beggar women there are no other female figures I could find.

However, I picked up the AI8 Ancient Indian General http://www.pendraken.co.uk/AI8-p2745/ to use for a hero and somewhat bizarrely it has a slightly feminine look.  It's the sculpting on the chest: there's a slight breast-like bulge.  :o You can kind of see it in the link above, although the angle's not great.

The face is fairly masculine, but no beard or 'tach to contend with!

Turn the helmet into a Deanna Troy beehive, stick on a shield and in a certain light...  ;)

I'll post a picture if I can get the angle and light to show it.

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

GrumpyOldMan

Hi Meirion

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 20 April 2011, 12:30:36 AM
However, I picked up the AI8 Ancient Indian General http://www.pendraken.co.uk/AI8-p2745/ to use for a hero and somewhat bizarrely it has a slightly feminine look.  It's the sculpting on the chest: there's a slight breast-like bulge.  :o You can kind of see it in the link above, although the angle's not great.

The face is fairly masculine, but no beard or 'tach to contend with!

Turn the helmet into a Deanna Troy beehive, stick on a shield and in a certain light...  ;)

I'll post a picture if I can get the angle and light to show it.

Meirion

If you're talking about the figure in the top left corner:-

then the figure depicts the Indian Maiden Guard. Here are some pics of larger versions:-

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Leon

I'm struggling to find something suitable as well unfortunately.  If you're handy with the green stuff, you should be able to do something with some of the Amazon figures?  Pop a bit of clothing on them firstly!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

27 April 2011, 02:01:23 PM #4 Last Edit: 27 April 2011, 02:05:14 PM by O Dinas Powys
Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 20 April 2011, 11:09:23 PM
Hi Meirion

If you're talking about the figure in the top left corner:-

then the figure depicts the Indian Maiden Guard. Here are some pics of larger versions:-

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Thanks GrumpyOldMan, yes that's the one.  So it is a woman!  When I first got it out of the bag and looked I thought that looks like a woman, but I just assumed it was the general (and male)...  :-[

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 26 April 2011, 11:20:05 PM
I'm struggling to find something suitable as well unfortunately.  If you're handy with the green stuff, you should be able to do something with some of the Amazon figures?  Pop a bit of clothing on them firstly!

Yeah, modified Amazons might be the way forward, although they're very tall.  I've got the hero and she's probably a head taller than the other fantasy figures and positively dwarfs the medieval figures I've got.

I guess there's also the witch elves, but the other really tall figure I've got is the dark elf hero!  I've not seen them, but assume they're fairly stylised too?

Time to pop in a request for some female adventurer types I think.

Leon

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 27 April 2011, 02:08:00 PM
Yeah, modified Amazons might be the way forward, although they're very tall.  I've got the hero and she's probably a head taller than the other fantasy figures and positively dwarfs the medieval figures I've got.

I guess there's also the witch elves, but the other really tall figure I've got is the dark elf hero!  I've not seen them, but assume they're fairly stylised too?

Yeah, I wouldn't be putting them in with the historical ranges, as they would stand out quite a bit!  The Witch Elf is dressed, which is a start, but the arms are both raised overhead, which isn't really ideal.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 27 April 2011, 02:14:03 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't be putting them in with the historical ranges, as they would stand out quite a bit!  The Witch Elf is dressed, which is a start, but the arms are both raised overhead, which isn't really ideal.

Well, there's the conversion potential!

Managed to snap one both the arms off my dark elf hero trying to give him a more "en garde" pose!  Luckily they stuck back on, so he became my first 10mm conversion   :>

There's also the female beggars that could be converted.  I've snapped off the broom head from one and stuck on a blade to make a short naginata.  You could hide the arms with a body-shield and have a spear made from a pin sticking out. 

The only problem from an adventuring paladin point of view is the long dresses, although they would be no worse than a monks habbit.

Leon

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 27 April 2011, 03:25:43 PM
There's also the female beggars that could be converted.  I've snapped off the broom head from one and stuck on a blade to make a short naginata.  You could hide the arms with a body-shield and have a spear made from a pin sticking out. 

That sounds good, pics when it's painted up!?  :D ;)

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Leon on 27 April 2011, 03:27:51 PM
That sounds good, pics when it's painted up!?  :D ;)

Almost cetainly  ;) 

It's the when that's the problem  :'(  ;D

Leon