What does 40,000 figures look like?!

Started by Leon, 31 January 2017, 12:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Well it looks a little something like this Borodino game!

There were three main tables, each about 36x6ft in size, plus a separate table for the village of Utitza.  They started playing on Saturday evening with the two forces advancing and then meeting on the middle table on Sunday evening I believe.  We went down to visit them on Monday as it was the best time to get photos of all the figures on the table.  They're aiming to finish the game on Tuesday, flip sides and do it all again through 'til Friday night.

Rules used were 'In The Grandest Manner' by Ged Elliott, the chap running this megagame.

:o
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Terry37

"My heart has joined the thousand for a friend stopped running today." Mr. Richard Adams

jambo1

That is something else!!! What a table of figures. :)

Steve J

Wow :o. You certainly get the impression that the only tactic was a frontal assault as there looks to be sod all room to manouevre!

Leman

I suppose it does give the impression of an actual battle, but like an actual battle it's difficult to take in all that is going on. I suppose it serves a certain purpose, but the setting up and taking down would be too much like hard work for me, so, no, not for me.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: Steve J on 31 January 2017, 06:47:40 AM
You certainly get the impression that the only tactic was a frontal assault as there looks to be sod all room to manouevre!

There wasn't much space at this point!  I think the manoeuvring had been done on the Sat/Sun and then this was the point the two forces collided.  They're continuing to fight over the redoubt today, hopefully to a conclusion tonight.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

skywalker

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

A number of good shots there whilst others are a tad overwhelming.  Scale? A couple of figure poses look like Pendraken sculpts.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 31 January 2017, 12:38:40 PM
How much does 40,000 figures weigh?

The 10,000 foot and 2200 cavalry we dropped off at the same time weighed 22kg, so about 75kg for the ones on the table?

Quote from: Westmarcher on 31 January 2017, 12:47:59 PM
A number of good shots there whilst others are a tad overwhelming.  Scale? A couple of figure poses look like Pendraken sculpts.

All 10mm and about 90% Pendraken figures.  The others are Redline I believe.

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

DFlynSqrl

It's really amazing looking, but I agree that it looks a bit over-whelming as well.